(1) There is not any specific site location for this competition, as it mainly collects ideas and concepts and aims to create an exemplary prototype for all the new future houses to follow. Applicant shall choose a fictional location for their conceptual idea and proceed a design work. The requirements of customized location are as below:
• Entrants are challenged to conceive a new and original concept for modular house, however not strictly limited to the style of ‘pre-fabricated structure’. A degree of flexibility and alternative choices are allowed, for example ‘partially pre-fabricated’, provided it is backed up with adequate justification.
• The project theme is defined as a “Modular House”. The design philosophy should be affordable, practical, convenient, efficient and easy to construct. The house plan should NOT be in relatively large scale. It’s optional to design a temporary structure or permanent building.
• The topography and landforms can be also customized. Entrants might add river, lake, stones, animals or any other elements that probably support your theme. Please note that your designed house will be produced in “modules” that when put together on site, reflects your identical design intent and specifications of the most sophisticated facility.
• The area of picked up location has no limitation, but should fit your design concept and theme. The landform, topography, area, surrounding environment can be customized without any limitations, while they should be adjusted to your Modular House. Any landscape design, site planning could be part of your output.
• The main concept of your submitted work can be architectural design, landscape design, urban planning work, but each kind of design work should focus on the main topic of this competition – FUTURE HOUSE: Modular House.
(2) Recommended submission content (at least meet any of the following suggestions)
• General plans and layouts of the project, including floor plans and sections, scaled adequately to ensure reading and comprehension of the plans. Please note that we suggest using common scale for your designed floor plan, elevations, sections, details, diagrams and perspectives. Participants are allowed to choose flexible and alternative choices, provided it is backed up with adequate justification to explain their design philosophy in the most efficient manner.
• Diagrams, views, sketches, renderings, or any other form of visual representation that will help explain the project. But video files are NOT accepted. Photographs of models can be included and accepted.
• Constructive details that are considered optional to explain the project. This is an ideas competition and there is no intention that the winning entry will be built.
• A 450 word-long (maximum) descriptive text. Any text or description can only be delivered in English. The content must be presented on the panel instead of being attached in a separate txt file.
(3) The image or board must comply with the following format: your design must be presented in oriented A1 sheet (841mm×594mm), both horizontal display and vertical display are accepted. Minimum 72 dpi, and only JPG will be accepted. The file must be no larger than 12 MB in order to facilitate uploads and downloads. No other format or delivery style will be accepted. Other formats won’t be accepted, and only the projects uploaded on time will be on the contest.
(4) It’s only allowed to submit one A1 board for each final work. One person could enter as an individual entry or a part of team entry. It is also possible for one team to enter multiple entries. But be aware of that, one registration/payment is only for one submitted entry. Entries will not be returned to the participants. Participants should retain copies of their work.
(5) Since the contest is anonymous, the names of participants must NOT be presented on the sheet with the images and in the name of the file to be sent. The name of submitted image file must be your Team Code. Your Team Code will be sent by email within 72 hours after the registration and payment process. Remember that the code is unique and valid for each submitted entry. The submission should be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with your Team Code. In case of any query, please contact us at email@example.com
Please visit https://competition.cc/faq for more frequently asked questions and answers.